Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Project Monday

Hello lovely people!  Thanks so much for stopping by today : )

Our Project Mondays are a little late this week.  With the holiday parties, plays, gift making, spending time with loved ones, and kids getting sick, we are going to kindly ask for your patience this December.  Every week we still plan to share our photo prompt, projects, and inspirational photos but they may be a little late.....and now, without furthur adue, I am super excited to share my Project Monday with you this wonderful afternoon!!!

I have decided that for the month of December, my Project Mondays are going to be and art journal with one page for each day leading up to December 31st.....my version of Ali Edward's December Daily.  Take a look at what I have so far.....

My December Art Journal

December 1st - Ice Skating with Melanie and Self Portriat.

Decmeber 1st

December 1st - Pocket

December 2nd - Regular art stuff, dinner with Ryan, and a trip to Michaels with Ryan to get more art stuff (a rare and special treat).....I love December already!

December 3rd - December Night as Balboa Park.

December 2nd & 3rd

December 4th - My first family photoshoot with Gloria for one of her friends <3

December 4th

December 5th - La Jolla with Ryan and the doggies for their Christmas Celebration.

December 5th

As you can see I only have up to December 5th even though it's the 8th already.  This is why.  I use to print my photos at home, and now I have them printed at my favorite shop down the street from my house (my printer and I are not getting along).....it's a little difficult for me to get to the shop every day, so I have been taking my photos, saving trinkets, jotting down notes, and doing loose page designs each day until I get my photos developed.  It seems to be working OK so far, and I still plan to have either 6 or 7 pages to share each week for my Project Monday.  So, we'll see where my progress is next week.

For my art journal I knew I wanted to use this chipboard cover as my base, and sweet, sweet Gloria was totally awesome and knitted the yarn cover for me (green is my favorite color...thank you Gloria!!!).  I think I'm in love.  Sigh.  It feels so cozy.  Andyways, for the rest here is the formula I came up with.....I am using watercolor on each page over the patterened paper (And I bought my first watercolors specifically for this project.).  All the journaling is with my typewriter.  All the photos are sewed down, and some have fun little negative frames.  I have been having fun the the Martha Stewart Christmas tape or dye cut stickers on each page.  I am using punched circles out of red glittered felt for each day's number.  And once the front and back of a page is complete, I sew them together.  It has been really fun!

Anyone else out there working on their December Daily?  If you decided to use any of your prompt photos on a page, we would LOVE for you to add it to our Flickr Group!!!  And also please share your links in the comments here so we can see your beautiful art!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The beginning of every month is fun but I think we can all agree that December is special.  It does not matter how old you are or where you come from this month is magical.  For me having a December Journal and following along with Ali Edwards just sounds exciting!

I am so glad Carrie and I decided to do this and kinda give it our own Bubblegum Life twist.  So here's mine.....

cover december daily

cover of december daily

cover of december daily

I am planning on sewing it together, but I might have a need to stick some extra stuff in there so I have left that for last, and just held it together with a ring for now.

IMG_0455

IMG_0458

IMG_0457

IMG_0460

IMG_0462

IMG_0467

IMG_0468

december daily

december daily

Then there are the rest of the pages.....some are water colored, others scrapped.  There is just a little bit of however I felt that day in December.  That's the great part about this its our rules, its your journal...
 
Have fun and I am so excited to see what we come up with for next week!!!

Love, Gloria and Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Love what you guys are doing, wish I could have known about the December daily thing before, it sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gourgeus:)Don´t think i ever could manage to do such a thing..

    ReplyDelete