Friday, January 14, 2011

Your appointment with Friday

Well, it is finally the weekend and Gloria and I have a fun new prompt for you lovelies today.  The new prompt is.....

In Series

*In Series* Jump

se·ries  (sîr'ēz) pronunciation
noun, plural -ries, adjective

A number of objects or events arranged or coming one after the other in succession.  [Latin seriēs, from serere, to join]  Series  is applied to a number of things of the same kind, usually related to each other, arranged or happening in order: a series of baseball games.

I've never intentionally taken a series of photos like this before.  And I have to say the most difficult part for me was deciding what I wanted to photograph.  Should I make a bunch of crazy faces, or write a sweet sentence on paper one word at a time?  I don't know what made me decide to jump.....maybe it's because I was thinking about being outside, or that I love it when my photos have movement?!?  But it felt great.  I felt free and happy and strong and silly all at the same time.  And I've actually never taken a self portrait jumping before, so this ended up being a fun little experiment.  (Next I want to try it in a field with tall grass or something crazy like that.)  But the cool thing is that now don't just have a moment to remember, but a bunch of moments that tell my little story in a different way.  This was a happy day.  A great day.  A day I did just what I wanted to do....jump.  What will your In Series be?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Series










































A series of pictures to me gives movement to paper.  It takes me to that moment because I feel you can see it move.  You can see a clip of that person's life.  Its almost touchable.  I chose movement of my hands because it looks free and pretty to me.  I like the freedom of movement....

Love, Gloria and Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment