Friday, February 25, 2011

Your appointment with Friday

Hello Friday!  With you we welcome another fun photo prompt!!!  Gloria is taking a couple weeks off, but before her break she helped me come up with this cool prompt.....

Natural Framing

My understanding of natural framing in a photo is when the subject of your picture is framed by other elements in your photograph.  Like a photo of a person framed from sitting at a windowsill, or something at the end of a tunnel.  The idea is to give your photo depth, draw your attention to that subject, and give your subject's surroundings context.  Here is what I came up with.....

*My Boys*

*What will today bring?*

He climbs trees too!

Ever since I took these photos, I have been daydreaming about all the fun shots I could do.....and looking for them everywhere I go.  For me this photo prompt was very addictive and fun!!!  And I absolutely LOVE the first photo of my sweet boys together!  They look like they are in a really peaceful place.....standing at the exit to outside.  What adventure is out there waiting for them?  It's been a while since I took any photos of Ponyo and he has grown soooo much.  The three of us had a lovely stroll that afternoon looking for places to take our photos.  It was a good day : )


And we are lucky enough to have Nely from the Pink Ninja Addicts and her personal blog Sweet Escape, play along with us this week (I love that she used the instagram app on her phone for this photo).....


I've been looking for the perfect opportunity to take a photograph like this!!  When I think of natural framing, a million ideas run through my brain!!  I loved the idea of placing a heart in front of something you love.  That guy you see behind the heart is my husband.  He owns a pretty big chunk of my heart!!  He was perfect for this shot!!!,,,

We hope you decide to play along this week.....this prompt really helps you see photography in a different way.  Have the best weekend!

Love, Carrie & Nely

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I love your little Shiba Inu!!!

    ReplyDelete