Friday, May 13, 2011

Your Appointment with Friday

Hi lovely people and happy Friday night!  Well, right now I am sitting on my bed snuggled up with Pumpkin at a Lodge in Snowbird.....and there is snow everywhere!  It's beautiful!!!  I decided that since I'm on vacation to take a week off from Bubblegum Life, and so you lucky people get to be inspired by the sweet and talented Stephanie Kelley from My Creative Brightside : )  And she has chosen the perfect photo prompt!  So without further ado, her is her inspiration.....

Comfort Foods


RECIPE FOR EGG DROP SOUP

serves 4

    4 cups chicken broth
    2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
    2 large egg
    4 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions for garnish

Steps

    - Beat eggs in small bowl - set aside
    - Heat the broth in a small pot and bring to a boil
    - Stir in soy sauce
    - Return to a boil then turn off the heat
    - While stirring soup in a fast circular fashion with a fork,
       slowly pour in beaten egg
    - Continue stirring until egg gets all cool and kinda stringy &
       that's it
    - Serve in a bowl with the green on top or panko crumbs which is
       what i did in the picture

The things we find comforting are in such a wide range from chocolate covered cherries to deep fired pickles :) I know it is a rather strange dish to call my comfort food but egg drop soup and i go way back. I have always had a fascination with ethnic foods and strange cuisine. My father used to feed me fresh octopus and frog legs when we would vacation in Mexico. So that being said its only natural that i would end up taking comfort in the gooiness of this tasty soup. I would sometimes go to China Wokery when i had a bad day and either sit alone and enjoy this, if my pride let me, or get a huge take out carton to enjoy in the comfort of my own home. Now, i have finally gotten up the courage to make my own and i must say it was quite comforting!! Lets see what your comfort foods look like!!

Lovingly,
Stephanie Kelley ( & Carrie )

No comments:

Post a Comment