Monday, November 15, 2010

Project Monday

There is something about this time of year that makes me want to snuggle up with my sweetie, wrapped in a soft blanket, with a warm cup of hot chocolate.  Hmmm....sounds so good right about now.....And so does cooking, baking, and ice cream making!!!  I cook more during the Fall than any other time of year, so for my project this week I decided to make a little envelope to hold some of my favorite Fall recipes. I also added a few photos from my ventures around San Diego to help document this lovely November month.....

*A recipe for Fall* Envelope

Fall Envelope Details

Here are all the pieces I used to create my little treasure holder.....

Fall Project Pieces

My plan is to add this envelope to the Fall minibook I've been working on, so it's about 3.25 inches by 5.25 inches.  The first thing I did in creating this project was to make the envelope out of a piece of scrapbook paper.  Then, I printed out my recipe photo really small and cut it out of the photo paper with scalloped scissors.  After that, it all came together pretty easily.  I just layered until it seemed balanced.  Adding the gold embellishments and spray paint were the final touch for the front of the envelope.  Next, I printed out my hot chocolate recipe and a couple other November photos large enough to help fill the inside.  Last, I decided to add a little handmade tag with some journaling to help me remember where one of the photos was taken.  And now I have a sweet little envelope that holds some wonderful memories.  I can't wait to fill it with more sweet notes and trinkets!

Have fun creating with your treasures this week!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Gloria's *Recipe* Layout

Gloria's *Recipe*  Layout Details

Yummy...
Yummy...
 
So that's what comes to mind when I think of actually taking the time to collect all the things necessary to put a recipe together.  I love that.  I will have this memory forever.  So the words on the actual picture is easy and it makes it so personalized.  This time of year for some reason makes us slow down and cook.  It's when we pull out our grandmothers favorite recipe or our best friends mom's recipe out for those amazing cookies.....Writing and cooking and crafting some how connects us as females.  It brings us together because we get each other.....You know its a girl thang...
 
Thanks for joining us, and about my layout: Lots of different tape and mushrooms with the deer make it feel like that 70s house i wish i had.  So maybe in my head as I made this layout I was cooking it in my orange kitchen in my 70s house.....
 
See you tomorrow!
Love, Gloria and Carrie 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute!!!! I love the idea of putting a recipe on the actual picture! Great idea!!!!

    ~The Mama Monster

    ReplyDelete